Updated: Jun 9, 2021
Your weekly tips to optimize Fertility!
Genetics play a role in fertility. But whether our genetic propensity gets turned on or off, is up to us. Genomics is the term for the parts of our genetics that we can effect. These switches, genetically gifted from our ancestors, get switched on and off based on our environment and behavior.
The conversion process that is responsible for activation our Vitamin B to usable forms is called methyl-foliation. This process is responsible for converting amino acids into baby supporing hormones and feel good brain chemicals. Taking Bs throughout the day and popping into your Dr to get a B Vitamin injection is especially important during pre-pregnancy prep!
Oxidation is the toxic burn byproduct that releases free radicals into our body to wreak havoc. They steal electrons from healthy cells that rapidly increase the aging process. Antioxidants found in veggies and fruits combat oxidative stress. Eating antioxidant rich foods, antioxidant supplements, proper sleep, and keeping the liver healthy is important to improving the quality of eggs and sperm!
Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl
1/8 c. chia seeds
1/2c. coconut milk
Mix and set on counter 1 hour, or fridge overnight
1 tbs ground flaxseed
1 tbs peanut butter
1 frozen banana
Leaves from 3 sprigs of mint
½ tbs matcha powdere
1tbs agave nectar
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add unsweetened coconut milk if you have trouble blending. Top with remaining avocado, pumpkin seeds, strawberries, unsweetened coconut
5 Minute Meditation
Stress can impact our health and healing. Try this 5 minute mediation to optimize your relaxation response!
1. Turn off your phone notifications and ringer and set a timer for 5 minutes.
2. Sit in a comfortable position. Close your eyes.
3. Get into a clam state by focusing on your breath and quieting the internal noise. Try repeating a word or phrase, listening to a sound (like birds or the whirring of a fan). This will help the mental chatter quiet down.
4. You may want to repeat a mantra like: "peace," "love," or "I am enough." Or, just count the breaths in and out and continue up to 10, then count the breaths back down to one.
5. Once the timer goes off, take a deep breath, wiggle your fingers and toes to come back into your body, and take your time going about your day.
FREE Clarity Session
Are you interested to see if working with me is right for you? In this session we get clear on your goals and dreams, and figure out what's blocking you from them. Sign up below!